JO9 - any advice?

MChristie93MChristie93 Member
edited April 24 in CPD & Exams

Hi all!

I have just sat RO6 at the start of the month and (assuming I have passed!) I am considering doing JO9 next.

Here are some of my questions:

• The CII give you 12 months for the assignments but is the full year really needed? I am new to paraplanning but have time to commit to the assignments.
  • Has anyone done this unit and also completed an exam at the same time? I would be thinking about the October sitting of this year.
  • Would you recommend getting the CII textbook?
  • How good is the feedback the CII provide for each assignment?
  • Are the assignments difficult?

Any thoughts/ tips on the module would be much appreciated! I would like to crack on with obtaining credits while I'm in exam mode.

Thanks in advance!
Meghan

Comments

• @MChristie93 said:
    Hi all!

I have just sat RO6 at the start of the month and (assuming I have passed!) I am considering doing JO9 next.

Here are some of my questions:

• The CII give you 12 months for the assignments but is the full year really needed? I am new to paraplanning but have time to commit to the assignments.
    • Has anyone done this unit and also completed an exam at the same time? I would be thinking about the October sitting of this year.
    • Would you recommend getting the CII textbook?
    • How good is the feedback the CII provide for each assignment?
    • Are the assignments difficult?

Any thoughts/ tips on the module would be much appreciated! I would like to crack on with obtaining credits while I'm in exam mode.

Thanks in advance!
    Meghan

One other question - does the CII expect any use of cashflow modelling?

Thanks!

• Hi Meghan,

I can only comment on my experience. I’m doing J09 now. You have a year to do the assignments but can submit as soon as you like. I did 2 assignments in first few months, then stopped to do J02and AF1. Doing final assignment now.

Assignments are quite difficult (but haven’t failed any yet) as it’s not clear what they are after. Feedback is generic, I.e. it isn’t about your work, just based on the marking guidelines which are available on cii website, such as “could have benefited from further reading” etc.

John

• Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I will give it a go and see how I get on! Ideally I would like to get the first 2 submitted early like you and then stop to do an exam but will see what happens.

Good luck with the final assignment :smile:

Meghan