Complete IT support shake-up - opinions please!

We're doing a complete review of our support tools - focusing on pensions switching tools and investment research, for compliant file back up mostly I guess.

What do you use? What do you love about it? What software do you hate?

I've looked at Selectapension, Synaptics, Adviser Asset, FE Analytics...........

Comments

• SelectAPension; FE Analytics;

• We use Selectapension but I understand CashCalc will be releasing an offering soon. If it's any good we'll probably use that instead due to the integration with Intelliflo (plus it generally looks fresher and cleaner than SAP in terms of UI and output). We use Evalue (integrated with IO) to analyse portfolios and use the content from that and paste into suitability reports (clients do like pretty pictures in their reports!)

• SAP, FE and Cash calc.

• Investment research: FE Analytics. Comprehensive exportable data, great portfolio building tools and nice charts.

Replacement business, unless you absolutely need the product selection element: a spreadsheet. I really don't see any value in paying for software to analyse the cost difference between two plans.

Benjamin Fabi FPFS
    Chartered Financial Planner

http://twitter.com/benjaminfabi 
  • I completely agree with @benjaminfabi

We also have Assureweb for comparison quotes and Voyant for cashflow.

• Thank you all.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no better alternative to FE, and for the charging comparisons I hadn't even considered a spreadsheet - extremely good point raised.

Thanks again!

• Hi Andy, do you mean cashcalc are going to start offering a TVAS?

• yes they're doing the new incarnation of a TVAS (TVC). I think you'd still need to use SAP for other reasons though?

• @Andy_Schleider said:
    We use Selectapension but I understand CashCalc will be releasing an offering soon. If it's any good we'll probably use that instead due to the integration with Intelliflo (plus it generally looks fresher and cleaner than SAP in terms of UI and output). We use Evalue (integrated with IO) to analyse portfolios and use the content from that and paste into suitability reports (clients do like pretty pictures in their reports!)

SelectaPension are about to release an integration with Intelliflo for DC schemes.