Growing Paraplanning Team in London seeks Senior Paraplanner looking for a new challenge
Fancy a new challenge working in a busy paraplanning team? Looking to use the obscure technical knowledge that you have acquired over the last few years? We are looking for an experienced, Chartered (or equivalent) Paraplanner to work with us.
You will be working on the most technically demanding aspects of our business. From Defined Benefit transfers to Inheritance Tax planning. From Cashflow modelling to Retirement planning. Working closely with our Head of Technical, Dan Atkinson, you will be writing reports that engage with our clients and answer their questions.
As a Chartered Financial Planner, your technical knowledge will be of the highest standard and you will be passionate about developing yourself and others. This will help you answer a very wide range of questions from our team of 13 advisers. As a part of the team, you will be a sounding board offering ideas and opinions about our clients’ financial planning. You will need to be confident in your ability and have a ‘solution’ mindset.
EQ Investors is a growing business and you will be expected to contribute to the content that we produce. This will involve writing blogs, articles and preparing resources for the web, trade press and national newspapers. You will need to be skilled at making the complex simple and bringing to life financial planning. You will, therefore, have excellent written communication skills.
What can you expect from EQ?
Aside from the great views and an in-office beach, EQ is passionate about excellence. You will already be passionate about technical development and we will provide you with continued support to do this. We want to help you to develop as a rounded individual and will provide you with the support/accountability structures do this.
As one of the UK’s first B-Corps, we believe that business should be a force for good. In addition to working hard for our clients, we seek to use our resources to help solve social and environmental problems. We create opportunities for you to engage with projects and will give you 2 days a year ‘volunteering leave’. You are encouraged to support charities that you care about and operate a matched giving scheme for fundraising.
You will be part of our company-wide bonus scheme with the potential to receive payments twice a year based on performance. We offer a competitive basic salary and seek to award a large proportion of this as a bonus. In addition, we offer membership of our pension scheme and will cover the cost of your professional membership on a case by case basis.
Experience & Qualifications
- Chartered Financial Planner
- Understand the financial planning process.
- Able to calculate a client’s Income Tax position and potential IHT liability.
- Able to understand and interpret a TVAS report. Including articulating the weaknesses.
- Understand how trusts are taxed and where different trusts would be appropriate.
- Highly proficient in both MS Word and MS Excel.
- Comfortable using FE and Selectapension (or equivalents).
- Clear communicator and excellent written English.
- Able to handle conflict fairly and with authority.
- Able to prioritise and communicate changes in situation.
- Able to work independently.
- Happy to accept challenge.
- Have a ‘solution’ mindset rather than just seeing problems.
- Understand that we are a business and looking to make a profit.
Basic salary of £45,000 plus discretionary bonus scheme and standard EQ corporate benefits.